Keeping Cool in Little Rock (and everywhere else!)
Posted on July 8, 2019
Arkansas summers shouldn’t be taken lightly when it comes to your air conditioning unit. Nothing ruins good summer fun more than a broken air conditioner in the middle of summer. There are simple steps you can take to help avoid air conditioning costs and stay cool.
If you think you have a serious problem cooling problem, such as your A/C unit blowing hot air instead of cold, or not blowing any air at all, you’ll need to call Ski Brothers Heat and Air at 501-397-1670 right away. However, there are some simple tips and tricks you can take in the meantime to ensure that you’re keeping everything in top shape:
- Make sure your filter is clean. A dirty filter can cause the blower in your air handler to work harder, and put more stress on it. That can lead to warm air blowing through your vents instead of cold. If the filter is very dirty, and the air flow is restricted, then you may see an ice build up on the outside of your air handler or on the piping of the central air conditioner. Turn off the system, let the ice melt, and then put in a new air filter. If the air conditioning system still blows out warm air, then you ac unit may have a low refrigerant level. To fix it, call for expert service - call Ski Brothers Heat and Air at 501-397-1670 right away to get the problem solved.
- Check for pests. Most likely you don’t think of the central air unit as a nesting ground for bugs, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. These creatures can be harmful to the system, so rely on eco-friendly pesticide to ensure that if they are nearby, you can safely ensure they won’t stay long.
- Get a programmable thermostat. Make sure to keep the levels at a higher temperature at night or when you’re absent from your space. This can help to reduce energy costs and lower the summer’s demands on your system.
- Make sure you’re still level. Over time, the concrete slab or surface underneath your outdoor A/C unit can warp. Make sure this surface stays level, and your A/C unit should continue with great performance levels.
- Maximize Air Flow. For the A/C unit to work properly, airflow needs to work through re circulation. The vents, both indoor and outdoor, should be clean and free from obstruction to prevent blocked air paths.
Making sure that your central heating and air unit receives regular maintenance check-ups will keep you and your family comfortable through the hotter months, and year-round.
Have any another questions? Contact Ski Brothers Heat and Air at 501-397-1670. We serve Little Rock, North Little Rock, Sherwood, Benton, Bryant and surrounding areas. Call today!